Three weeks early comes the second episode of Get Talking, Rob Farquhar! Did you really think I’d leave you hanging on the edge of that cliff for so long? Listen in for the conclusion of the Slamdance short story, but continue listening for my plans for NaNoWriMo – which feature more Slamdance!
Tell you what, though – after starting work on this at 5PM and uploading it at almost eleven, I’ll be glad to do these once a month…
WARNING: The host rates the content of this episode “MA;” it contains violence, strong language and explicit content. Adult discretion for young listeners is strongly advised.
If You Want To Skip Ahead:
- Slamdance, Part 2 of 2: 01:08
- Post-Story notes on Slamdance: 18:46
- Slamdance and the National Novel Writing Month: 20:43
- What’s in the Next Episode? 25:26
Questions for Listeners:
- Have you ever tried building awareness for your book by making your first draft publicly available? How did it work out?
- Have you made a work of fiction, whether vignette, short story, novelette or novel, available as an audiobook? How did it affect your sales?
- Are you taking the NaNoWriMo challenge on this year? What’s your concept, if you have one yet? Have you tried writing a draft for previous years? Did you win?
- If you were going to sponsor someone for NaNoWriMo, where would you prefer your money went? Do you know whether that organisation offers any fundraising tools?
- Last but by no means least: What did you think of Slamdance parts 1 and 2?
- Trusting My Instincts
- NaNoWriMo – the National Novel Writing Month
- The Snowflake Method for outlining
- The Snowflake Project – A blogger writes his book’s Snowflake Method outline in public
- First Draft Blogging:
- Scott Sigler, Dark Overlord of Book Podcasting (and Future Dark Overlord, full stop)
- The Rookie (Galactic Football League series, book 1) as a free audio podcast
- Wil Wheaton
- The Horror: Movember 2009