I would loved to have used the punchline as the comic strip title, but that’d be wrecking the joke, eh?
Still, it was a fun pun! Makes me wish more people know about Radio Birdman so I could get away with “A Lotus-Steve and Tenno”…
(And sorry to leave you Slamdance fans on a cliffhanger. The next strip does not look good as is so I’m going to put some more work into it.)
Lessons Learned for Next Time
- Work from a sketch, Rob – that’s why the Lotus in frame #2 looks worse than her representation in the other frames. I had a very minimal sketch in place more to mark out the space needed. I decided to just ink it after doing a good job on frame #1, but after seeing the result fo that I did a proper sketch for frame #4.
- And boy, did that frame #3 not come out anywhere near as awesome – or competent – as it did in my head…
- Not sure if I like the font being so small – I need to make sure I clear more room at the tops of the panels.
Awesome Stuff I Can’t Wait to Try Again
- This started in part because I wanted to do a “character looking around a corner with pistol in hand” image. You know, the one you see in movie posters and such all the time? I’m glad I (sort of) pulled it off in frame #1!
- Getting the hang of doing horizontal style strips.